Saturday, June 9, 2012

Meet Liza Sarytchev!!!




I met Liza Sarytchev at a SheJumps Get the Girls Out day this winter at Jackson Hole. We had a pretty big crew of ladies, some my close friends, some I had seen around the hill and some I had never met. From the first run we all took together, Liza immediately stood out. She was a phenomenal skier. But, that wasn’t the only thing that made her noticeable. She was smiling ear to ear from the second we loaded the Gondola and was just pumped to meet other skier girls and spend the day with these people in the mountains. The combination of her skiing ability, humble and fun attitude as well as her clear love of the mountains was refreshing, and for that, she is my first patch recipient. –Julie Weinberger
Vitals:
Name: Liza Sarytchev
Age: 21
Hometown: Gaithersburg, MD
Home Mountain: Whitetail
Favorite Color: Sea Green
JW: Tell us a little about yourself… 
LS: I grew up skiing in Siberia where my dad would drive the family 10 hours each way every weekend to ski a resort that consisted of one groomed run accessed by 1 double chairlift or 2 t-bars. When I was 9, we moved to Maryland and my family started skiing at Whitetail in PA. Needless to say, I learned to appreciate ice and bumps. When I'm not skiing, I like to cycle and rock climb in my free time.
JW: You are my first Babe Force patch recipient. Are you excited?
LS: Way excited! I love the idea of an all female ski club. I've has so much fun skiing with the Babe Force and I can't wait for more Babe Force ski outings so I can get to know the girls better.
JW: How long have you lived in Jackson? What led you to come here?
LS: I've been in Jackson for about five months now. I came here over winter break last year and totally fell in love with the place. After my trip, I quickly decided to take next spring semester off and come to JHMR for a full ski season. Best decision ever! I'm looking to come back again next season and move to Jackson for good after I finish my undergrad. 
JW: Your positive, fun attitude on the hill is admirable. Tell me a little about your mindset when you’re on the hill.
LS: When I'm on the hill, I'm always having a blast. Most days I'm on the last Gondi getting excited about tomorrow. I get more and more stoked on skiing every day I ski. I just love the sport and there's nothing I'd rather do.
JW: Anything else?

LS: I just wanted to say that I'm grateful that I met so many amazing people this season, one of them being yourself. I’m glad to be a part of the Babe Force community and I look forward to coming back next season, re-connecting with old friend and making new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment