Friday, June 1, 2012

Meet Natasha Krochina



I met Natasha at a yoga teacher training two winters. Everyday, without fail, on our lunch break she would pull on her ski socks and run out the door. While everyone else was eating and drinking tea or taking a nap, she was getting in a few tram laps. That is when I knew I had met a girl that was truly dedicated to the winter lifestyle of Jackson Hole. Natasha is one of the most genuine and inspiring women I have ever met and I am proud to have her as the recipient of my first patch. 

Natasha moved to Jackson the winter of 2008-2009, which was the year of the new tram. She grew up in Anchorage, AK and lived in San Diego before moving to Wyoming. She loved the beach but missed the mountains and riding. 

She began her career skiing in the third grade. "My dad would drop me off at the bus stop with a coupon book of tickets which I would use one for my bus ride, one for the rental, one for the lift ticket and one for the lesson," she said. 

It wasn't until the end of high school and the beginning of college that she started snowboarding. You can find her on the mountain, everyday, still doing both. 

"My favorite thing about the ski community in Jackson is how excited people are to be here. There are so many amazing people who are motivated to get out there and explore the beauty of the surrounding area," Natasha said. "I am really excited about joining the Babe Force and riding with some other amazing women who live here. It's nice to have a group to bring us all together and share our love for the outdoors!"

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment